6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
June 20, 2017
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Region 2 will be offering a two-hour workshop and two Nursing CEs for attendees called “Darkness to Light Prevention Training” with a facilitator from Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy Center, Hannah Rodriguez, MSW.
With all the attention on human trafficking lately and a new requirement for license renewal, Region 2 is excited to be offering this educational opportunity. This workshop will educate adult attendees to recognize, prevent, and react responsibly to childhood sexual abuse. The numbers in your area may shock you. This is obviously not a “feel good” endeavor, but as the public’s most trusted profession, it is our responsibility to learn more about this troubling health and safety issue.
The program’s key learning points are:
- Become aware of the significant threat that children face from sexual abuse. Make decisions for children based on the facts of child sexual abuse rather than on the level of trust in others
- Minimize the opportunity. If you reduce one-adult/one-child situations, you can dramatically lower the risk of sexual abuse.
- Talk about it. Children often keep abuse a secret, but barriers can be broken down with talk.
- Recognize the signs. Don’t expect obvious signs when a child is being abused. It takes an alert adult to recognize the signs in children and teens.
- React responsibly. Understand how to respond to disclosures, discoveries, and suspicions of abuse.
Online bookings are not available for this event.