Administration and Education Council
Strive to bridge the gap between nursing education and nursing practice.
- Identify the issues that impact nursing administration and education
- Explore the road blocks to academic credentials of nurse educator
- Align nursing education with nursing practice expectations
To contact this Council Chair, email Julie Lavender.
Administration and Education Council Members:
Region 2 Julie Lavender and James Fischer
Region 3 Jean Barry and Angela Embree
Region 4 Cynde Kochensparger and Rachel Peltier
Region 7 Leslie Spencer and Remylin Bruder
Nursing Excellence Council
ANA-Michigan is a resource center for gathering and disseminating practices of excellence in all aspects of nursing.
To promote the highest quality professional practice and appropriate scope of practice throughout the state.
- Development of a definition of nursing excellence for individual practice and work environment as defined in the ANA and Magnet Standards.
- Identify clinical, education and administration resources.
- Provide information and resources on Magnet Status for Michigan healthcare organizations
- Identify strategies to promote and create nursing excellence (e.g., Keystone, NDNQI).
- In collaboration with the Board of Nursing, define and clarify scope and levels of nursing practice.
To contact this Council Chair, email Jeannette Pollatz.
Nursing Excellence Council Member:
Region 2 Jill Polmateer
Region 3 Angela Embree and Jeannette Pollatz
Region 4 Rachel Peltier
Region 6 Viviana Snyder and Joanne Goldbert
Region 7 Vera Cigan and Denise Bajer
Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council
Nursing practice will be based upon research.
Support the mission of ANA-Michigan through research and evidence-based practice.
- Develop a network of nurses interested in research
- Promote opportunities for practitioners and researchers to link for research purposes
- Make nursing research less formidable
- Develop a plan to carry on our mission and vision
To contact this Council Chair, email Elizabeth Twigg.
Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council Members:
Region 2 Anne Kreft and Rhonda Howard
Region 3 Kristy Todd and Melissa Warthen
Region 4 Shawn Roberson and Tara Neeb
Region 6 Katherine Dontje
Region 7 Edith English and Elizabeth Twigg
Public Policy Council
The health and well being of health care consumers and health care providers will be enhanced through the enactment of health promoting legislation and policies.
To use our knowledge, resources, and expertise to inform and educate legislators, policy makers, health care providers and health care consumers about issues related to the practice of nursing and public health.
- Promote personal contact and communication with local and state elected officials.
- Inform and educate all nurses on issues and skills related to public policy.
- Develop a stake-holder/legislative liaison network for the purpose of promoting and supporting nursing issues.
- Recommend ANA-Michigan positions on key policy and legislative issues.
To contact this Council Chair, email Jeanette Klemczak.
Public Policy Council Members:
Region 2 MaryLee Pakieser and Tammy Putney
Region 3 Linda Buck and Susan Ercia
Region 4 Kathleen Schachman and Sally Decker
Region 6 Jeanette Klemczak and Tim Zlomak
Region 7 Katherine Balint and Christine Saltzberg
At-Large Katie Kessler, Sue Meeker, and Susan Wiers