Administration and Education Council
Strive to bridge the gap between nursing education and nursing practice.
- Identify the issues that impact nursing administration and education
- Explore the road blocks to academic credentials of nurse educator
- Align nursing education with nursing practice expectations
Nursing Excellence Council
ANA-Michigan is a resource center for gathering and disseminating practices of excellence in all aspects of nursing.
To promote the highest quality professional practice and appropriate scope of practice throughout the state.
- Development of a definition of nursing excellence for individual practice and work environment as defined in the ANA and Magnet Standards.
- Identify clinical, education and administration resources.
- Provide information and resources on Magnet Status for Michigan healthcare organizations
- Identify strategies to promote and create nursing excellence (e.g., Keystone, NDNQI).
- In collaboration with the Board of Nursing, define and clarify scope and levels of nursing practice.
Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Council
Nursing practice will be based upon research.
Support the mission of ANA-Michigan through research and evidence-based practice.
- Develop a network of nurses interested in research
- Promote opportunities for practitioners and researchers to link for research purposes
- Make nursing research less formidable
- Develop a plan to carry on our mission and vision
Public Policy Council
The health and well being of health care consumers and health care providers will be enhanced through the enactment of health promoting legislation and policies.
To use our knowledge, resources, and expertise to inform and educate legislators, policy makers, health care providers and health care consumers about issues related to the practice of nursing and public health.
- Promote personal contact and communication with local and state elected officials.
- Inform and educate all nurses on issues and skills related to public policy.
- Develop a stake-holder/legislative liaison network for the purpose of promoting and supporting nursing issues.
- Recommend ANA-Michigan positions on key policy and legislative issues.